Monday, December 30, 2013

A Happy Happy New Year to YOU!





I'm in town today gathering up what need to make a meal for my family on New Year's day 2014.
Stopping to check my blogs I re-read my entries from the last few years, this time, realizing I do the same every year... visit family, entertain the same friends and cook something for the New Year's day dinner..
I love best my entry from 2011 and wanted to share again that call to nature with my friends : )
Wishing you all the best in 2014


"Its 7:40 am on January 1st, 2011...the sun is just peeking from behind the horizion.Theres a mist in the air that is cooling to the bareness of my arms... I look up at the lightning sky , as a crow calls the dawn behind me in the wood. I listen to the sounds of the forest around me starting to wake.Dew drops falling, ...the rustle of leaves as my dog sniffs the freshness of the ground. A New Beginning... I think to myself..."
~Beverly Wells-Pinkney
( A view from my 'old home' at Woodstock Road, Yarmouth County, NS)

No comments: