Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Vampires and the Bible




As its Halloween and we are all thinking of the spookier side of life, I thought I would post some bible verses about the 'un-seen'.

Bible Verses About Vampires

Bible Verses About Vampires from the King James Version

 link-What the bible says about vampires



Proverbs 30:14 - [There is] a generation, whose teeth [are as] swords, and their jaw teeth [as] knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from [among] men.

Leviticus 17:10-14 - And whatsoever man [there be] of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people. (Read More...)

Revelation 16:6 - For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

Deuteronomy 12:23 - Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood [is] the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

Joel 1:6 - For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number, whose teeth [are] the teeth of a lion, and he hath the cheek teeth of a great lion.

Revelation 9:8 - And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as [the teeth] of lions.

Acts 15:28-29 - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; (Read More...)

Revelation 17:6 - And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

1 Chronicles 11:19 - And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with [the jeopardy of] their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest.

Proverbs 30:13 - [There is] a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up.

Deuteronomy 32:17 - They sacrificed unto devils, not to God; to gods whom they knew not, to new [gods that] came newly up, whom your fathers feared not.

Psalms 10:11 - He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: he hideth his face; he will never see [it].

John 6:53-58         
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. ...

...ooops!

Thanks for reading and
a Happy Halloween and a Blessed All Saints Day ☼




Note: Because of questions asked on my Face Book page about Jesus quote from John 6:53-58, I will remark that I DONOT believe he was a vampire. What most people don't understand is that in the time of Jesus, the Jewish people (and most others) practiced sacrifice as part of their worship. Being a Jewish Rabbi, Jesus wanted to stop this act and this is what he was referring to when he made this remark. If you've read the New Testament, you will know he threw practitioners out of the temple for selling doves and other birds that were sacrificed for 'favours from God". He didn't want blood (or a death) sacrifice anymore. He referred to himself as the final sacrifice at the last supper. Bread and new wine was used to represent his flesh & blood .He was scrutinized for this, betrayed and killed by this own people.... and by the way, the Catholics were the first Christians to practice what Jesus did. Others followed, and then changed the 'practice' again because they didn't want certain sacraments preformed, like the act of confession, vocations which were mandatory at one time and even baptism by some Christians. Personally I think Jesus was right when he made one commandment, "Love others as I have loved you." ~John 13:34. It covers everything...

No comments: