Friday, May 11, 2012

The Third Jesus

I've been on a study mission lately with Christianity. I decided to join my local Wesleyan Church in January of this year as a means of reaching out in my spirituality. The people there are very friendly and I love the way they made me feel at home with them. Something important to me ♥ Studying the bible has always been one of my passions...finding meaning in the parables to other aspects of my existence as a simple woman.



Jesus is probably the most misunderstood teacher of the last 2 aeons. His teachings, plus the bible in general, have been used to cause wars, separation from loved ones, famines and extinction of any other religion on the planet. I tend, though, to except 'his word' with my own interpretation...the bible has been re-written SOOOOO many times we may never know what was originally there. Some parts/parables were meant for examples of what not to do I Am sure! I've read the same quote on-line in many versions and it changes text plus loses meaning by the words used. : (



I recently read a book called 'The Third Jesus' written by Deepak Chopra. It was very interesting on his interpretation of Jesus’ New Testament parables. I would recommend for anyone of any religion to read : )


~Info link for 'The Third Jesus' book

No comments: